Brand Recognition Is Everything
Our menus are designed to give fast food customers what they want:
Bigger, Better, Burgers & Biscuits
Carl's Jr.® and Hardee's® have a strong track record of successfully developing new premium products to lead the category in taste, quality, and innovation. As an industry leader, we have consistently out-delivered all other quick-service restaurants in product development since our founding. Staying on top requires that we continue to lead the way in the products we serve through taste, quality, and innovation.
BRAND RECOGNITION IS EVERYTHING
At Carl's Jr.® our brand sets us apart from the competition. Our advertisements are created to be so bold and memorable that they've been known to crash internet video servers. Our visuals are designed to keep viewers wanting more and our tagline delivers bold statements. REAL FOOD MADE RIGHT.
National Advertising Buy
- Our two banners covered enough markets in the U.S. to make the purchase of national cable media efficient when promoting same product simultaneously
- Increases media weights in well-penetrated markets by 50%+ over spot TV buys
- Provides a base of media in new/under-penetrated markets
- Helps establish demand in future expansion markets
- Maximized our use of national cable in the intervening years, with national cable target rating points (TRPs) now representing approximately 20% of total annual TRPs we buy, with the remaining 80% coming from our spot TV buys
- Entertainment franchise tie-ins with X-men, Superman, Halo, Spiderman, Call of Duty: Black Ops III keep the brand up to date and relevant
As an industry leader, we have consistently out-delivered all other quick-service restaurants in product development since our founding. Staying on top requires that we continue to lead the way in the products we serve through taste, quality, and innovation.
- SIT-DOWN RESTAURANT QUALITY
- 100% BLACK ANGUS BEEF BURGERS
- LOW-CARB BURGERS
- CHARBROILED COD FISH SANDWICHES
- CHARBROILED TURKEY BURGERS
- HAND-SCOOPED™ ICE CREAM SHAKES & MALTS
- PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGERS
- JALAPENO BURGERS
- "MEAT-ON-MEAT" BURGERS
- MADE-FROM-SCRATCH™ BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- HAND-BREADED CHICKEN TENDERS & SANDWICHES
- ALL-NATURAL BURGER LINE
Over $4 Billion in
With a company wide focus on individual franchise profitability
*Figures represent both Carl's Jr and Hardee's.
Consistently ranked among the
In the industry
*Sandelman and Associates, Quick Track 2014 & Technomic's 2014 Consumer Brand Metrics Program
PREMIUM PRODUCTS, BETTER BURGERS
It's 1941, a young Carl N. Karcher and his wife, Margaret, make a leap of faith and borrow $311 to purchase a hot dog cart. One cart grows to four, and within five years, Carl's Drive-In Barbecue opens with hamburgers on the menu.
Over the years, Carl's has continued its growth with an emphasis on quality, service, and cleanliness, pioneering concepts such as partial table service and self-serve beverage bars. The introduction of our Fresh Baked Buns™ in 2013 and our All Natural Burger™ in 2015 confirm our constant emphasis on product innovation and represent our focus on satisfying the tastes of young, hungry consumers.